Choosing the right niche is crucial for any aspiring entrepreneur or content creator. Finding a niche with low competition and high profitability can provide a significant advantage in today’s competitive market. However, it’s essential to consider your own interests and passions when exploring potential niches. By aligning your personal interests with market demand, you can create a winning combination that will increase your chances of success. Start by identifying your passions, interests, and areas of expertise. It’s important to choose a niche that you genuinely enjoy and are knowledgeable about. When you’re passionate about your niche, it becomes easier to create engaging content and maintain long-term motivation. Make a list of potential niches that align with your interests and skills.
Step by Step guide on finding the Potential of a Low-Competition Niche
In the vast online marketplace, finding a niche with low competition can be a game-changer for aspiring entrepreneurs. By identifying and leveraging such niches, you can gain a competitive advantage and maximize your chances of success
- Exploring Quora for Market Insights: Quora, a popular question-and-answer platform, can provide valuable insights into the potential of a niche. Begin your research by searching for relevant keywords, such as “snow boots” if you’re targeting that niche. Analyse the questions related to your niche and take note of the number of views each question receives.
- Assessing Quora Question Views: A high number of views on Quora questions indicates a strong interest and potential demand for a particular niche. Look for questions that consistently receive a substantial number of views. This indicates an engaged audience actively seeking information or solutions related to that niche. The more views a question has, the greater the potential interest in the niche.
- Analysing Product Prices: Once you have identified a potential niche, it’s crucial to analyse the prices of products within that niche. Research the average prices of products or services related to your niche and compare them to the market’s overall pricing trends. If the prices are competitive and provide a reasonable profit margin, it indicates a lucrative niche with the potential for profitability.
- Evaluating Sales Percentages: In addition to price analysis, consider the sales percentages within the niche. Research how well products in the niche are selling, either on popular e-commerce platforms or through market research reports. Look for steady or increasing sales percentages, as this indicates a healthy market demand. A niche with growing sales potential and low competition is an excellent opportunity to establish yourself as a frontrunner.
Remember, research and analysis are key to uncovering hidden opportunities. With the right strategy and execution, you can position yourself as a leader in your chosen niche and achieve long-term success.
Finding Low Competition Keywords
Perform a pre-search analysis to gauge the competitiveness of your chosen keywords. This analysis involves searching for your potential keywords on Google and observing the top 5 positions to determine whether Quora, Medium, Pinterest, Reddit, or forum website pages appear prominently. If these platforms dominate the top positions, it indicates a very low competition level for that particular keyword.
However, if the top search results are from authoritative websites, such as industry-specific blogs, news sites, or recognized brands, it suggests a higher level of competition. On the other hand, if you find that less authoritative platforms like Quora or Reddit rank prominently, it signifies a lower competition level, opening up an opportunity for you to target that keyword.
Extract low-competition keywords from Quora using SEMrush, a popular SEO tool.
Step 1: Set Up Your SEMrush Account To begin, you need access to SEMrush. If you don’t have an account yet, you can sign up for a free trial or choose a subscription plan that suits your needs. Once you have an account, log in to SEMrush to get started.
Step 2: Identify Relevant Quora Topics Visit Quora and explore topics related to your niche or industry. Look for popular questions and topics that align with your target audience’s interests. Remember, the goal is to find keywords that have a reasonable search volume but relatively low competition.
Step 3: Extract Keywords Using SEMrush’s Keyword Magic Tool After identifying relevant Quora topics, open SEMrush and navigate to the “Keyword Magic Tool.” Enter a broad keyword or topic related to your industry and click on the “Search” button. SEMrush will generate a list of related keywords.
Step 4: Analyse Keyword Metrics Once you have a list of keywords, analyse their metrics to determine their competition level. SEMrush provides various metrics such as search volume, keyword difficulty, and competition level. Focus on keywords with moderate to low competition and a reasonable search volume that matches your content goals.
Step 5: Refine Your Keyword List Review the generated list of keywords and filter out those that are not relevant or have extremely high competition. SEMrush allows you to apply filters based on specific metrics, such as search volume or keyword difficulty, to refine your keyword list further.
Step 6: Evaluate Keyword Trends and SERP Features To ensure long-term success, consider evaluating keyword trends using SEMrush’s “Keyword Overview” or “Trends” feature. Look for keywords that demonstrate consistent or growing search volume over time. Additionally, pay attention to SERP features like featured snippets or knowledge graphs. Targeting keywords with opportunities for these features can enhance your visibility in search results.
Note: Our target should be to extract long-tail keyboards with the same keyboards we extract with the SEMrush tool. The keywords that we have extracted with the SEMrush tool, we will extract the long tail keyboards of those keyboards with Google Keyword Planner.
Extracting Long-Tail Keywords with Google Keyword Planner:
Once you have a list of potential keywords from SEMrush, it’s time to extract long-tail keywords using Google Keyword Planner. Long tail keywords refer to phrases that are longer in length, offering greater specificity and targeting, while being less competitive. Follow these steps to extract long-tail keywords using Google Keyword Planner:
Access Google Keyword Planner:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account or create a new one.
- Navigate to the “Tools & Settings” menu and select “Keyword Planner.”
Select the “Discover New Keywords” option:
- Click on the “Discover New Keywords” button to access the keyword research feature.
Enter Seed Keywords:
- Input the relevant keywords obtained from SEMrush into the “Start with keywords” field.
- Specify the target location and language settings according to your content’s target audience.
Analyze Keyword Ideas:
- Google Keyword Planner will generate a list of keyword ideas related to your seed keywords.
- Pay attention to the “Competition” column, which indicates the relative competitiveness of each keyword.
Review keyword suggestions: The Keyword Planner will provide a list of keyword suggestions related to your seed keyword. Scan through the list and look for keywords that indicate transactional intent. These keywords often include terms like “buy,” “purchase,” “price,” “discount,” “sale,” “Review”, “Best” and specific product names.
Analyze competition and search volume: Pay attention to the competition and search volume metrics associated with the keywords. High competition may indicate that the keyword is valuable and sought after by advertisers. Higher search volumes suggest that people are actively searching for those terms.
Filter and Select Low Competition Keywords:
- Use the filtering options provided by Google Keyword Planner to refine the results based on competition, search volume, and other relevant criteria.
- Focus on selecting long-tail keywords that have a reasonable search volume but a lower competition level.
Finding a niche with low competition and high profitability requires a strategic approach. Start by identifying your passions, interests, and areas of expertise. Aligning your personal interests with market demand can increase your chances of success. Research and analysis play a crucial role in uncovering hidden opportunities. Exploring platforms like Quora can provide valuable insights into potential niches, considering the number of views on relevant questions and assessing market demand. Analyzing product prices and evaluating sales percentages within the niche can also help determine its profitability. Additionally, performing a pre-search analysis and using tools like SEMrush and Google Keyword Planner can assist in finding low-competition keywords and long-tail keywords, which can drive targeted traffic to your website. Remember, choosing a niche that aligns with your interests, has low competition, and offers profitability can position you as a leader in your chosen field and contribute to long-term success.